Monday, April 20, 2015

Hawaiian Dick

I've been doing a bunch of reading about Weird Adventures by Trey Causey. You can check out his blog here. Its full of awesome. Anyways, before you say it. Yes I'm way behind the curve. Weird Adventures has been out for a while now. Man have I been missing out. Next pay period that I have some spare loot, I'm definitely getting it. So I've been scouring his blog, absorbing every little bit of it I can. It got me thinking. I would like to do something like this. Not this, but like this. So I started day dreaming at work. Something urban-ish, fatasy-ish, pulp-ish. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, Hawaiian Dick.

Which by the way is an awesome comic. Its had three mini series released. I believe theres a fourth in the works. I'm not really much in the know any more as I dont collect comics like I once did. Regardless, I thought to myself this has everything I want in a game. 50's, noir, Hawaii, and supernatural.  Its fucking win, win. So Empire might need to go on hold for a little bit, while I get this out of my head and onto the page.

No comments: