Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Hawaiian Noir

So I've been thinking more about this. Having a lot of time on my hands taking my wife to several appointments. Now don't worry people out there in internet land. I will be returning to "Empire". But I really want to get this written down, before it fades out of my brain.

So I don't know about you folks, but when I start to put together a setting campaign. i write out a list of themes, concepts, and things I want included. So here is my Hawaiian Noir brain storming list:

1950's
Noir
Supernatural
Dark
Hawaiian Paradise
City
Slums
Jungle
Mountains
Volcano
Sugar Cane
Criminals
Beach
Liquor
Cocktails
Native Hawaiians
Polynesians
Samoans
Japanese
Spirits
Shinto
Pacific Ocean
Cool old cars
Cool old boats

So then of course the big question comes up. What system? Again I'm torn. Use the home brew I've been jacking with. Or perhaps use "Mean Streets" (Which I do like quite a bit) and tack on some sanity, magic, and supernatural rules. Then again one could easily clip the mythos out of CoC and use that. Might be the way to go. Things to think about.

Edit/Addition
Another thought of system. If I can scratch up the coin, "Silent Legions" might be great for this.

No comments: