Sunday, May 17, 2015

Slacking and Broken Earth

Ok. I'm a slacker, or at least in a little slump. The whole fey mini setting isnt coming together like I want. I think I'm gonna skip it for now.

On another note. I was thumbing through drivethru RPG the other day and found this. It looks really interesting. I think one of the things that attracts me is the published setting locations. All in Michigan. Being thats my stomping grounds, it appeals to me. Heres the blurp for it

"Bombs fell. Billions died. Now you must pick up the pieces and rebuild this Broken Earth.
Broken Earth is an adventure setting that takes place in a post-apocalyptic version of Earth. It deals with a small fraction of the world, what was once the northern Midwest of the United States, and a tiny bit of southern Central Canada. As an adventure setting, Broken Earth includes many compelling locations and adventures, but also gives the heroes freedom to explore the world.
The book gives the GM everything you need to run a prolonged campaign in the Broken Earth setting, including locations, NPCs, plot points, mutant monsters, and a detailed first adventure that brings the party together."

This is a summation from poster Brand55 On theRPGsite about it.
"It's not overly gonzo, though you could probably make it more so without too much effort. I got a very strong Fallout vibe from it because of the vault group with advanced technology/knowledge coupled with surfacers who have regressed to a tribal society.

The best parts of it, IMO, were the hex-crawl nature of the setting and the very awesome settlement creation mini-game that I plan on one day expanding and using in my other SW games. It's really easy to plan and grow your own apocalyptic town of survivors, and some of my group is really into that stuff. Card draws from the action deck provide for random events, and the group (the leaders of the town) can organize survivors into groups that do things from building roads to patrolling for raiders to adventuring with the party (for those times when there are just too many angry mutants for the normal 4-6 players to tackle on their own)."

Its available in Savage Worlds and Pathfinder for systems.

When and if I get some extra loot. I think I'm gonna have to check it out.

No comments: