Friday, December 2, 2016

T2K/Merc2K/Recon/Black Hack

    So I've been tinkering with my T2K/Merc2K/Recon/Black Hack game. I've got the basics stamped out. Its basically Black hack with some differences. Skills act as a negative applied to the die roll. Opponents roll to strike, instead of players rolling to avoid a strike. Hit Points are the same as your constitution score. Armor reduces damage and is ablative. That is it becomes of less value as its hit more.
    That a really big overview of it all. Of course, there's a lot more to it than that. The biggest things up in the air at the moment are initiative, and the name. At the moment initiative is a fixed stat. Ties are adjudicated simultaneously. Then the name. I just don't know what to call it yet. Its gonna focus on a mercenary game at first. I think it will be a better starting point than WWIII. Which can be easily slid into later.
    So that's the quicky of it all. I'll go into more detail in other posts. I've got to start some testing to make sure things a balanced. I'm nervous players can just look at the die, without rolling and be successful. If you catch my meaning. So things are coming along. More to come.

No comments: